Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2008 Hornet bar ends

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by mike_dnhm, Aug 14, 2011.

1. So, I've bought some bar end mirrors which clamp over the existing bar ends. They look great and fit well....but....the bloody bar ends spin around so the mirrors don't stay upright.
    The system it uses has a bar end weight which has a philips head screw which goes into a solid threaded insert inside the bar. Problem is, the metal insert inside the bar spins around, with a reasonable amount of friction and some light 'clicking' noises. It spins indefinitely so there is no thread. I've tried pulling really hard and it comes half way out, but refuses to come out any further.
    Any ideas on how to remove it so I can put some aftermarket, non spinning bar ends in? I've searched around the net a fair bit to try and find an answer but to no avail, so just thought I'd check if anyone here has any experience in the matter?