Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2008 GV650 AE or 2009 GV650

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Damian, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Hi all,

Disclaimer: I'm set on a Hyo, so don't worry about Hyo bashing.

I've got the option of getting the anniversary edition GV650 (2008 model) or a brand new 2009 GV650. Both have 0 kms on the clock.

The styling of the anniversary edition (AE) is interesting, but I'm leaning toward the 2009 model.

Apart from the "Hyo are garbarge" comments, what comments do you guys have?

2. I really like the styling of the AE myself.
    From what I have read so far the mechanics aren't any different.
    In the end just go with the one that feels right for you.

I was looking to get the GV650 myself but have decided to wait until I get off my restricted and grab a Suzuki VL800 C50 instead.

Hope you enjoy the GV. It is a great looking bike and have heard good things from the owners I have spoken to.
  3. Hi Damian, mate I love the look of the AE. I have a standard 06 GV650. Don't let the baggers turn you off. It is all about enjoying what you ride. Who gives a f--k what is on the tank. Go for what turns YOU on.
  4. I quite like the look of the anniversary edition model, if you've decided to go for a Hyosung cruiser then that'd be my choice.
  5. I like the Anniversary edition.

whatever you get go to Staffords, they seem to care the most about the HYO :)
  6. Staffords is definitely my dealer of choice.

I'm heading up there today to crawl all over both versions. Will update you once I get back.

7. I think I'm sold on the non-AE.

They are both great looking bikes and the testride was awesome fun.

Here is my thinking:
    -AE will hold its value better
    -AE will probably date quicker
    -Standard is a classic look which I like
    -Standard is $800 cheaper

and the main reason
    -My wife loves the looks of the standard.

Decision made, thanks for all the input.

8. Good luck with a GV650. I quite like the AE.

I considered one too when I upgraded from my GV250; ended up with a Suzuki M50. :p
  9. i think the AE looks like poo

and your wife has great taste
  10. She does have good taste. Although she made one mistake - me.