Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2008-2012 Honda cb400 exhaust opinions.

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by TRjames, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Hello all my name is Tom and I'm new to the forums. I'm looking at purchasing a Honda cb400 ranging from 2008-2012 just depends what I can find at what price. Anyway the first thing I want to do is put a exhaust on the bike. I'm after great sound and if I can maybe 1-2 extra hp. I've been looking at all the exhaust brands and varieties on the Japan Webike website and I have no clue as to what brands are worth looking into. I've had a look at the TSR and SP tadao but I'm not sure if these brands are any good. Would anyone be able to suggest to me some quality brand exhausts for the cb400? Cheers all

2. Welcome Tom! First things first - there are I believe two comprehensive threads on CB400. Do a search on these forums and read through those pages. If you want to narrow it further, maybe do a search for Blueflame, Yoshimura or Staintune (there are many others).

My other thought is that if you are in the market for a CB400, many riders would have already replaced their stock exhaust with an after market one - so you may actually be wasting your time researching this topic; unless you actually acquire one with only the stock exhaust.

Another forum that will give you lots of ideas/insights is sinagporebikeforum. Google them- Honda CB400 Super Four is probably the category you'll look into.

I'm actually wanting to sell mine and buy a Triumph Thruxton, however I've had a slight setback on finances and will need to keep hold of my bike for a tad longer - otherwise I'd potentially have put mine up for sale already!