Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2007 Yamaha R1 - Semi Major Update

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by VtrElmarco, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Just a little bit of new news everybody.

Throw away your old, gutless, ill-handling 2006 Yamaha R1's as the new 2007 model has been released. It's had quite a freshen up for what's supposed to be an in-between model.

Heres the link from the legends at mcnews.com.au:

http://www.mcnews.com.au/2007_bikes/sports/yamaha_yzf-r1/Yamaha_R1_2007_Gallery_A/index.htm

Always a top looking bike, and it's interesting to see they have dropped the 5 valve heads for the 'old school' 4 valve numbers. (Is it back to push rod driven 2 valve heads??? :LOL: )

2. got the same instrument panel as me :eek:

3. What's with those air intakes?!!! bloody ugly.. there are too many cuts and slashes all over the thing..

4. That sounded just like the start to a futurama episode. :LOL: ...if you're anti yamahoho, it probably read like a futurama episode too. :LOL:

I like the look.

5. i would have thought they would get a little more fairing mods - still looks awesome though, still one of the best looking bikes around.
    Oh and plenty of power to play around as well, cant wait to see the road tests

6. Can't bring myself to like the undertail exhaust that is .....well...........not really under the tail, but sticking out boldly on the sides and rear like it was made too big for the bike.