Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2007 Yamaha FZ1S to replace my dead Firestorm

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by twisties, Sep 23, 2010.

1. After a smidsy claimed my Firestorm and the insurance company opened their wallets I snatched up this beast!

Took a little getting used to the differences between two cylinders and four but it's all good now :D

On the to do list:-

- Exhaust
    - Fender elim
    - Bar-end mirrors and block-offs for the originals
    - Dark tinted screen
    - Indicators (probably go with flushmount in front if possible)
    - Levers
    - Rearsets (stock rubber pegs are too far forward and the feel crap under my boots)

2. Nice beast you have there. I was eyeing of the FZ1 as an upgrade option before settling for the z750..
    I think I might have even seen this one advertised and thought about popping over for a look. How long have you had it?
  3. Only had it a few weeks. It was over in Romsey.
    I was gonna look at the Z1000 but there were too many in my price range with the far-out colours lol. Not to mention the FZ's screen is better for the long fwy commute.
  4. The only thing I DON'T like about the FZ series is the awkward 'stand-off' for the bars on top of the triple clamps; it looks SO like an afterthought.....
  5. Yeah that's the one I saw advertised, not a bad price from memory.
    Very nice looking bike.
  6. Yeah it was pretty reasonable. Got a bit off that when I offered to take care of the roady and new rear tyre.