Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2007 Virago cutting out.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by nice2Bnaked, Jun 3, 2007.

1. got a mates dad who just bought a Virago 250, 2007 model. The bike is new, and had 80km's under its belt. It cuts out. It feels like an electrical cut out, takes about 10 mins before it will start.
    It does tick over, but will not ignite. Battery is perfect. And i have checked the following:

YES, fuel is ON, tank is full. Still cuts out in reserve.

The battery is full, spark is good, all fuses are good.

All feul/breather lines are correct, as you would expect on a new bike.

Could it possibly be a sensitive thermostat cutting the engine out ounce it gets hot? Does the bike even have a thermostat? There is no temp guage, so im not sure...

Could it possibly be that the idle was turned up too much, and this is causing flooding? I turned it down, and havent looked at it since. I did drain the carbies at one point, and she started, but this could have been becouse it was about 10 mins in between when it died and when we started it.

I also tried bump starting it, and that was no good... no ignition at all, and im a good bump starter.

It does definately feel like electrical cut-out.

Hope you can have me sorted.
  2. have you checked Kill switch (i know, sounds obvious...)

possibly a loose connection to the switch?
  3. yes, have checked and is ok... Didint think of that one. cheers.