Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2007 CBR125R service confusion

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by CBR GHOST, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a 2007 CBR 125R with 11,500 kms on the clock.

I want to start a log book service and am getting mixed messaged from a few local shops. The one I want to go with is the local Honda Motorcycle shop. Always been helpful when I needed to ask questions.

I wanted to start with a Major service as the bike is new and I want to make sure everything is ok. Was quoted $180 over the phone but when I went in to make sure and also add a pink slip check (currently has 2 months just want to make sure I don't have any issues) another person from the same place said that's way too cheap. A few other shops seem to be all over the place.

So long story short just a rough price on what you guys have experienced for your first major service (price wise) assuming that it all went to plan.

Thank you,

2. #2 German mistress, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    The bike is out of warranty a long time ago No need to keep a log book for servicing .
    Just keep receipts is more then enough It's due for a 12k service shortly .
    The big service is at 24k as that's a major service eg valve clearance check and adjustment etc.
  3. The guy I got it from said he done plugs about 5k ago and the oils/filters 2 weeks ago (no receipts, but also didn't ask). Doing it more for my own piece of mind. So the 12k service is just a normal service? Do you have a rough figure on a price for that?
  4. The 12k is not a huge service ... Oil filter etc and check cables and chain etc .
    Price can differ from place to place so allow a couple of hundred if a shop does it.

I don't know how much oil your bike takes ...If you change the oil and filter yourself you would be looking at like around 70 bucks .
  5. Servicing for a jap bike is normally every 6k!

I Service my gsxr much sooner then 6k... But hey I over service it ;)

6. Thanks mate. New to it all so just seeing how it all works.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. You could do it yourself, the CBR125R is very easy to work on. Cheap too, only holds 1 litre of oil. The seller was bulls***ing you, this bike doesn't have an oil filter.
  8. I probably could have but i want a good service history so when I do sell it I have a bit more leverage. Total price including pink slip for 12k service was $218.95 inclusive so was happy with that.

Spark Plug: NGK CR8EK: $11:00
    Motul Dot 5.1 Brake Fluid: $20.00
    Castrol Anti/Freeze/Anti Boil: $12.95
    Motrex 4T 15W50 Semi-Synth: $18.50
    Dispose of oil: $2.00
    Consumable: $10.00
    Sump Washer: $2.00

Parts Total: $76.45
    Labour: $142.50

Just for future peoples reference.

Everything else they checked like mounts and lube,battery and any adjustments needed were all included in the price so very happy.