Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2007 CBR 1000RR Short/straight pipe low exit

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by CBRRRR, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Hey all,

Quick question. Loving the look of twin short pipes as per picture & would almost kill to have a similar (by similar i mean as close to same as possible) on my '07 CBR1000RR. Does anyone know of somewhere in Victoria that they have seen work from who may be able to assist?!?!

thanks all!
  2. If you fitted this style exhaust... What would you then do with the gaping hole under the seat?
  3. Sorry, only gixxers can look that cool! :p

Seriously though, you can buy all the bends, just cut them at the correct angles to fit together yourself and have them welded together. Nice little project... :)
  4. i'd use an undertail similar to below with the exhaust hole plugged....

5. haha i knew someone would say that that's why i left 'gixxers' out from my post, it originally read 'does anyone know how i can get that gixxer exhaust look?' haha

yea that's an idea & i think it could be the cheaper & more satisfying option considering DYI is always rewarding. just curious about the dimensions etc, should i pretty much take specs from a bolt on for a gixxer or something you think? cheers.
  6. I think you could have a look at the Jardine pipes, maybe take some dimensions. I know that MCAS has a set hanging on the wall in the city (Sydney) shop, but that dont help you down in Vic.

If your real clever, you could get these slip-ons, and make a mid section to meet where you want them to come out from behind the fairing. There only short, so making a mid section from the headers cant be all that hard.