Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2006 World Supers @ PI

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by pvda, May 6, 2005.

1. Lifted this off the news page at mcnews.com.au.............

Due to a date clash with the Commonwealth Games the Australian round of the 2006 World SBK Championships will be held a little earlier than normal. The date expected to be ratified is March 3-5

Being earlier it might actually be warmer on race day next year :p
  2. And it falls on my days off - for a change.....
  3. good to know
  4. I wouldn't take any dates seriously at this stage, but you would think they would have sorted this all out a long time ago. The Melbourne F1GP corporation is trying to get the AFL to hold all round 1 games interstate, because they clash with the race, and they are already worried about losing money coz of the games. The AFL can't use the MCG until the games are finished, but then again there will also be Commonwealth Games events held at Telstra Dome - why the hell wasn't all this sorted out years ago? Surely everybody with major events in Melbourne early next year should have got together a few years ago and sorted out who is holding what when!
  5. I wouldn't have thought that the Supers would be affected by, nor would it affect the Games. Doesn't sound like it's going to be a sold out event, in any case.
  6. No sporting events are allowed to be held during the Commonwealth Games period but I don't know if it covers non athletic sports like bike and car racing.
  7. Yeah, I wouldn't have thought they have much effect on each other either, but organisers get paranoid about competing for people's spending money, which is fair enough I suppose. They need to make a profit to keep these events long term.
  8. This is also during daylight saving!