Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC 2006 Triumph Daytona - CBD

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by Luis Wright, Jul 20, 2014.

1. #1 Luis Wright, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    Hey, my bike was stolen yesterday between 11am to 2pm on Flinders Lane between Queen and Bond St. It is a Grey Triumph Daytona 2006. Rego number is 1N1BL. I would really appreciate if you keep a look out. Please let me know if you see anything or of anyone selling a similar bike or Triumph Daytona parts. Truly appreciate it.

2. I'm getting scared, Sprint GT yesterday, Daytona today, both in Melbourne, could it be the same people? Is there a gang targeting Triumphs?
  3. I think so, ****s
  4. Do you normally park behind the Optus Centre during the week? If so, I see your bike all the time.

5. Hey yeah thats where I usually park but saturday I parked accross the road. Where you around then and happened to see anything suspicious?
  6. Nah I'm only around there during the week. Where you normally park is captured by the Optus building's CCTV although that planter box would obscure things a bit. Good luck with your search!
  7. Yeah I'll get the cops to look into it, lucky my partner works at Optus so she might see what the process is with security. Thanks mate
  8. Any luck with the security camera?
  9. Nothing yet, still waiting on police to get back to me.. local shops are helping me out by showing me the footage though, just need to find the time to sit down cause it'll take a few hours
  10. I'm not tryin to be smart , but you would have had the steering locked,.....and assuming you did,.... are they just smashing the lock, as it sounded like with the Sprint the other day.
    If the steering lock isn't that effective ,might have to rethink parking security.

Second that Unc.......****S they are!!!
  11. Steering locks are generally just a short term distraction for any semi competent thief.

Much like disc locks (which can be defeated easily by lifting the front wheel onto a skateboard or similar and rolled away somewhere more amenable to removal).

The goal with any 'security' measure is to make the thief move onto something else which will take less time to remove.
  12. I always put the disc lock on the rear wheel. No guarantee against theft, but it sure makes it harder for a opportunistic bastard.

Back on topic, hoping it all ends well for you Luis, it's an awful feeling having your pride and joy stolen.