Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2006 R6 Tyres

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ricohard, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

First post after reading through a fair few.

Being riding about a year now and really getting into it. Got my hands on a '06 R6 which still has the stock tyres on after about 17k. Looking at putting something good on there.

Read good things about Power Pure's and BT-016 Pro's. Mostly road k's. but want to get out on the track before end of summer.

2. Cant say about the track, but I've just got a set of Pure's on, replacing pilot powers. I'm certainly no expert, but things do feel grippier in the turns.
  3. my favorites at the moment are either Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa's or Dunlop Sportsmarts. Both are well suited to track and road
  4. pures are shit.

sportsmart could be a 'smart' choice, depends on how fast you are. most guys cannot get the most out of a set of pilot powers but run ultra sticky tyres and just wear them out.

bt016pro is another ok tyre.

but you really have to be honest about how fast you are and then we will be able to give better answers.
  5. Well im not Rossi :)
    Usually stick close to the road limits so I really want something sticky to inspire confidence as i work on my cornering. Im going by S Jays tonight for a service so will have to choose by then. Also melbourne weather is mental so wet riding will happen some days and nobody has knocked the pures for wet riding so there my pick at the moment.