Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2006 Kawasaki Z750?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Teamsherman, Apr 8, 2013.

1. #1 Teamsherman, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
    Turns out my P's run out quicker than I thought (this FRIDAY!!!) and I'm thinking of selling my VTR250 and getting something second hand to about $7k max and there are some nice looking low k's Z750's out there which I like the look of but know nothing about their performance.

I'll be buying a brand new bike later in the year, I'm awaiting some hard earned to come in that I'll use to buy outright but I feel like a change now to use as a step up to either a new Kawasaki Z1000, a triumph street triple 675, Yamaha FZ1N or the Kawasaki Z600/800.

Any owners of the Z750 like to share their thoughts??
  2. The z750 is the same motor as the z1000 but with sleeves in the cylinders to get it down so therefore it is a little overweight. I rode it and liked it but it is a budget bike. I bought a Buell at that time.

If you can find one for a bargain (which they seem to be) then I think you will be happy, but I wouldnt limit yourself just to looking for this bike, if a cheap sv650 or cb900 etc came up you would probably be just as happy with that.
  3. I have a ZR7 750 for sale, Heathermac used it to learn on, I now own it, but I dont ride it as my Bird takes all my riding time, $3950-00 with RWC,

Its a good bike to update on from a 250,
  4. I'm about to sell my 2008 600 hornet, which would fit the kind of thing you;re after.
  5. I test rode both a Z750 2006 model and a CB900 2006 model this morning and I personally prefered the Z750. It felt alot tighter in regards to clutch movement, gear changes and braking. It also felt more comfortable doing legal speeds whereas the CB900 felt like it just wanted to speed off the whole time.

I think I might keep on the hunt for a Z750, I just have to sell my VTR250 now.