Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2006 Gpx250 Clutch release shaft.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by etelmo, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Theres a GPX250 for sale fairly cheap which I was thinking of buying, Cosmetically it was perfect, however at idle I noticed something odd.

The clutch release shaft (the shaft on the side of the engine the cable attaches to) slides in and out at idle (Not much, only 1 or 2 mm) (up and down (moreso in and out of the cover), it doesn't turn). I was thinking the shaft that the clutch is mounted on was is bent, however I'm not very familiar with the GPX250 engine. Could it just be the retainer for the clutch release shaft?
    Has anyone had this sort of problem, or can anyone shed some light on it? Could it just be a badly assembled clutch?

2. Someone from another forum said it wasn't installed correctly, remove the clutch cable, rotate the shaft counter clockwise, push down and rotate clockwise and it would lock in.
    (If anyone else ever has the problem and finds the post with a search~)