Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2006 125cc Pit Dirt Bike Motor Trail Thumpster

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by enforcer, Feb 14, 2006.

1. If it's a chinese one make sure it is a Ducar engine. It is a good idea to have a single rear shock with conventional traily swing arm style too as you can then upgrade the shock from most bike places to a heavier duty item for us big kids.

Oh yeah and the 110-125cc 4 strokes are wickid fun, my cousin owns one and they are a ball.
  2. We got a couple of 125's just after christmas.

Be aware that you get what you are paying for.

If you do get one, go over it with a fine tooth comb before riding.

Replace sprocket, existing bolts with high tensile (?) and put a decent quality o-ring chain on. Check the air filter that it does actually seal and get one with an aluminium frame. If you sieze the motor, a new one is about $400.

My husband is a mechanic, not me, so I could have left a few things off :grin:

We have a blast on these things and are looking at getting two more for the big kids :LOL:
  3. Heh, why not get in touch with Atomik direct, you might get a lower price than off ebay.

600 bucks for a 125cc fun machine... Now that's got me thinking. Damn you.

/Are there any that are rated for 120 kilo riders? heh.
  4. I bought the first one on ebay, and when I rocked up to Atomik to pick it up I got another two. They wouldn't go any less than $900, (the one I got from auction was about $850), and that was for buying the three of them. They usually sell them for $1,200 out of the warehouse.

Loz I think you might be a bit too big for one...our 13 year snapped his frame clean in half on the weekend. (He reckons he's going to try out for Crustys :shock: ) On closer inspection, the welding at the top of the frame was a bit dodgy.