Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2005 Honda hornet 900 water pump cover

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by richard_fry, Jan 2, 2016.

1. hi peeps,

Does anyone know where I can get a water pump cover for my hornet 900 - pn 19220MCZ000
    Just removed the drain plug to service and the housing / bolt has got some stripped threads and has been held in with a seam of instant gasket in the threads.
    I've fitted a new bolt with thread lock and torqued it, and it seems ok / watertight for now.

However, being my daily transport, I want to fix it properly.

I can find a new housing in the uk online, but having no luck in Australia.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Many thanks,
    Richard.

2. Is there room to tap a new thread a little larger in size and use an appropriate bolt ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The easiest thing to do would be to order one from a Honda dealership (e.g. Peter Stevens). I don't imagine it would be too expensive. Otherwise, hunt around at wreckers.

4. Wow...US$72 at bikebandit

...for a change its not the Australia tax reaming you a new one.....only honda, with their hand so far down your back pocket they're squeezing your balls

5. Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions.
    My current method of a different bolt and loctite has proved almost effective, but have unfortunately lost a little coolant...around 150ml over 300kms...not too bad and definitely manageable at the moment.

Given my home workshop lack of decent equipment, I'm reluctant to drill / tap oversize for fear of situation worse.

So, have ordered a new one. However managed to find one in the UK from www.davidsilverspares.co.uk for £30 + £8 shipping. Wait to see when it turns up, keeping a careful eye on the drip.

Thanks again guys,
    Rich.

• Like Like x 1