Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2005 BMW K1200R.........mmmmmmm

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by PWRSK8, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Well wasn't allowed to go all out on a new one so settled for a used one, :) work in progress on the new one. But in the meantime some fun is to be had.:riding:

20130101_170007. 20130101_170052. 20130101_170042. 20130101_170025.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Why do you need a new one? Now you've got one, as long as you don't crash it, it'll last for ever :D.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yep, that might be the case too, as it gets personalised and becomes more mine. Got a few items in mind but need to fix a couple of things first that will make this even more pleasurable to ride.
    What do you have Pat ?
  4. Currently a DR650 but there are two dormant K100RSs in the shed and, depending on the outcome of some stuff in the works as I type, there may be a K1200GT in my near future.
  5. Nice, BM's would be a different ride to the DR, good luck with the K1200. Like the accessories :) you looking at a matching white one.
  6. My daily commute may be changing from mostly urban to mostly highway and doubling in length. Different ride, different function :D. I probably won't be able to run to the transverse GT, just the old Brick (which is fine as I loved my K100) and, yes, I'm looking at ex-plod examples and will be getting a new white lid to match. Bye-bye SMIDSY :D.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Nice one. I have always liked the K1200R.

Yellow and black wouldn't have been my choice, but now I see yours...... Sure is Purdy!

Thumbs up mate.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Love those big K series. Will be a fantastic tourer as well as long-distance commuter. Nice one.