Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC 2004 to 2010 SV 650 Stock Muffler needed for RWC

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Devion, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Devion, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    Hi guys

I've taken my 2004 SV650 into Python Choppers to get an RWC prior to sale. My Yoshi RS3 exhaust is too loud, and the guy who sold it to me didn't have the original muffler.

Looking for original muffler in the Melbourne area - will provide beer or cash in exchange for borrowing of muffler this week, would need to pick up this weekend (4 April) and will return the following weekend.

Let me know, cheers Drew
    0438 576 648
  2. If the exhaust has a 2 bolt flange somewhere along the system u can cut out a piece of tin and drill a few little holes in it. This will block the system massively and make it heaps quieter. It will run like crap but just limp it into the shop and home then take it out. I have done it on a few cars over the years to pass a blue slip.
  3. The roadworthy stuff is a bit random - the guy who sold me mine provided a RWC which it got with a Yoshi R77 (without the baffle in) and a tail tidy.

Go figure
  4. How did they test the noise level? Using their calibrated ears?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.