Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2003 z1000 - approximate value

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Toecutter, May 3, 2007.

1. Belongs to a client of mine. Was at his place last night and we started talking bikes, and next thing I'm in his garage checking out this beauty.

He is more than likely going to sell it. But wasn't too sure of the value :?

So if you were in the market for something like this what would you pay?

Only extras I remember are exhaust and aftermarket chip - previous owner spent a bit modifying it though. 29,000kms, immaculate and log books

2. $8k, maybe. There's some for much higher prices, but IMO they're not worth them - particularly given how cheap they can be had new.
  3. looks like an 03/04 to me

I can see braided lines, full exhaust? fenderectomy, screen, cowl, alloy sprocket (has he changed the gearing?)..

power commander?

you can buy an 06 for 12g rideaway..

what other mods has he done??
  4. Good price for a new bike.

I think you got most of the mods

Thanks for the replies
  5. Yep, recon it should be around that.
    7.5K would be a great price, but anything up to 8.5K would be good. Seeing that there is plenty of stuff done to it.

Exhaust full system 4into1 - $ 1.5 to 1.8K
    Power commander if it's there - $500
    Braded lines front only - $140?

Love mine, great fun bike and plenty of poke! :grin:

6. And the new ones look horn in the candy/metalflake orange! One was talking to me the other day in a dealership.
    They are good value indeed.

Regards, Andrew.