Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2003 VTR250, does it have a 2 or 3 pin flasher relay?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Darren96, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Just installed new led indicators and I'm looking to grab a new flasher relay for it to slow the speed of the indicators down. Wondering if it's a 2 or 3 pin relay? Can't find any info online. cheers

2. Shouldn't the set you bought have come with a flasher relay?
  3. nah they didnt, bought and installed a 3-pin relay, works a treat
  4. Sorry to open an old thread, but I've got the SCA 3 pin relay for my 2004 VTR250 and i'm looking for the location of the old indicator relay to replace.
    Thanks if someone can help
  5. The relay is under the tank just behind the fuel tap. You can see it without removing anything if you look in from the left side past the fuel tap.

Sorry, can't remember if it was 2 or 3 wire, I seem to recall 2 wire. I bought one off ebay but cannot find my history (for my 04 VTR250). The replacement had a short lead with a plug whereas the OEM had the socket integrated in the flasher can. Was a simple unplug and plug in replacement, although the ebay jobbie didn't fit on the mount like the OEM one did so I just zip tied it somewhere.
  6. The original flasher relay for my Hornet 250 had 3 pins, but the LED flasher relay I bought only had 2. The clip the pins were in were the same though, the relay just had a vacant spot for the third pin. It worked fine, and might be the same case for you.
  7. Thanks for the help guys, I've spotted it in there now I'll just have to get my fingers into there to swap them over.
  8. Taking the tank off is easy, two bolts up near the head stem, one near the seat. You can unbolt and move it enough without having to disconnect any hoses to give you easier access to the flasher kerjiggger. If you have someone to hold the tank, great, otherwise chock the rear-end up with a block of wood.
  9. That's good to know, I was thinking I'd have to disconnect fuel lines or drain the tank so I've been putting it off.
  10. Is this the flasher you're looking for?
    • Funny Funny x 2