Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2003 Husaberg 501.... Do you rate it?

Discussion in 'Adventure/Enduro' started by Noticibly F.A.T, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Hey crew.

Getting in to dirt riding. I have a few choices.

Husaberg 501

Basically, I'm after a good reliable dirt bike, that I can rec reg, that will suit a 125kg rider, and have an electric start (ok, so i'm lazy).

I've found a Husa 501 which I'm going to test ride on the weekend (weather permitting).

I've also teed up a test ride on a WR450 which I'm looking forward to, although it's a tad out of my price range. I'm aiming to spend under $4k, I'd really like to spend $3k though.

All constructive thoughts and comments appreciated :)

2. I can't help too much as we were dual sporting, but the DR is a more dual sport than pure dirt.

I would also suggest that, as you are no featherweight (no offense meant of course :wink: ), you might be better looking at the 400cc+ bikes...you'll probably have a bit more fun factor as you learn more about the dirt and will probably find you outgrow a 250...
  3. Drz400e!

Where have you found an XR400 for under $4k? Last I checked they were still really expensive.
  4. go the KLX650/DR650 for a big guy like you.

stay the **** away from a 2003 husaberg. i love em but they are grenades.

after a while you will know more how serious you are and whether its worth getting something the next step up. then i highly reccomend
    either the KTM 525/450 or the WR 450
  5. Absolutely! Hence my list only includes 400cc+ bikes :)

Plenty on ebay that go for around $3k. I went to look at one on bike sales asking $2,500. They are there if you look hard enough, are patient, and know how to haggle :)

Yeah, I'm keen on the WR450 or the KTM 525. Will hopefully be looking next week. Not in any major rush though....
  6. :oops: How embarrassing :oops: I think I'm dyslexic....or I just make things up 8-[ I could've sworn there were 250s in the list!