Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD 2002 BMW F650CS

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' at netrider.net.au started by BodenM, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Up for sale is my wonderful 2002 BMW F650CS Scarver. It has 46,3xx km on the clock, and is in fair condition for this age. It has been a wonderful bike for me to get my skills on, but it must go to make room for the other bike in my life. It has recently had the drive belt replaced, which is probably the most expensive service item on the bike, and that will not need to be replaced for about another 40,000km (or more, depending on how often you ride. The original belt didn't fail until after just over 13 years and 45,000km of riding). It's a very learner-friendly bike, with plenty of usable torque from the thumper, and combined with the forgiving clutch action it's very easy to ride. It gets pretty decent fuel economy to boot, even when riding it aggressively I almost always use less than 5L/100km, if you do mostly highway riding that can drop as low as 3.5L/100km or so. The seat is nice and low at 780mm, I can comfortably put both feet flat on the ground while wearing riding boots, and I'm only about 175cm tall. I will include the stock windscreen, I removed it as I was just the right height for the air coming off the screen to cause turbulence-based wind noise in my helmet. The screen is not in the best of conditions, it has a noticeable amount of plastic crazing and a crack propagating from one of the screw holes. A taller replacement aftermarket screen could be obtained for $100-200. This bike also has ABS fitted.

It currently has the following aftermarket items fitted:
    • SSB Powersport LFP14AHQ-BS lithium battery
    • Gammatronix LED lithium battery voltage indicator
    • BoosterPlug
    • Instrument cluster converted completely to LEDs

The bike will be sold without rego, RWC or plates. To my knowledge, it will probably need a new front tyre to pass a roadworthy, else everything should be fine.

I'm chasing $3400 for the bike as-is, I also have a set of soft saddlebags that I'll throw in for free if the buyer wants them as they don't fit the Grom. I can be reached by PM on here or at 0423222630. SMS preferred as I work shift work, and can't usually take calls while at work either.

Here's some quick pics, I'll get some better ones soon:
    $_20.JPG
    $_20 (1).JPG