Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW 2001 KTM 520EXC

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by ScottyJ, Jul 2, 2015.

1. My only toy to ride my troubles away and meet great people, 2001 KTM 520EXC, was stolen on the 1st July 2015 from Castlereagh NSW near the nepean raceway on Rickards Rd.
    Any info please contact local police or myself 0405 056 571. Seat has black race tape over it where someone cut it open trying to steal it before and also have had stator wires cut. Has "contour" stickers on it and a Chewbucca toy hanging off the handle bars.
    Last year was a really bad year for me, I have lost everything and got really sick. This bike was the only thing I had left. I had it locked in a shipping container with the best lock I could by and we regularly checked on it.
    I dont think insurance will cover it and I defiantly dont have the money to buy another bike for another 6-12 months if all goes well.
    Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hope to get it back soon so I can meet up and ride with good people.

Attached Files:

2. VIN: VBKRCA40X2M526726
    ENGINE: 259 028 380
  3. Stolen out of a locked shipping container........! Somebody really wanted your bike.
  4. They must have, it is an awesome bike.
    The container has been broken into again just 2 weeks after. Upgraded locks etc, this time they took anything else they thought was of value. I have lost $10,000 of my stuff, everything is from my house as I moved interstate and I am storing all my household and personal belongings.
    I did have insurance, but they now tell me that they don't cover my bike because it is over 125cc (discrimination for big bike!).
    So now moving everything to self storage and crying into my paper cup of water while remembering the good times riding with friends :(
    As an after thought, and a good tip to all of my motorcycle brethren:
    data dot your bike, chain it to an anchor, hide a gps tracker on your bike, security cameras (even battery powered ones if you have no power like me), alarmed container (battery powered), kick your partner out of bed and sleep with your bike with shotgun under your pillow!
  5. I live in Penrith, I'll keep my eye out for it.