Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2001 cbr929rr rego DH062

Discussion in 'Archived' started by TOADS, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, so it's time to make some more room in the shed.

I've had Rossie (she's a whole lot of women) for just over three years and I'm the second owner. When I bought her she had 14k on the clock and looked like she'd just rolled off the showroom floor. She's now got 37K on the clock, and if you know anything about these bikes, you'll know that they are good for well over 100K.

In the time I've owned her I've immaculately maintained her and used her as a daily commuter.
    Major service including valve clearances recently done by MPR in Sunshine. New fork seals, reg rec & stator. Head stem bearings and thermostat recently replaced. Comes with near new Oxford heated grips, ventura rack, bag, bike cover and rear paddock stand as shown in the pictures. It also comes with the standard exhaust, spare levers, spare tinted screen and std indicators.
    If you need it, I'll throw in a leather jacket (large that matches the bike) a pair of boots (size 41 or 42) gloves and a pair of textile pants.

This bike does not need a cent spent on it, and I'm happy for you to ask any questions or speak to the mechanic that works on it.

RWC will be supplied at time of sale. I'm asking $6000 but am open to serious offers once you've actually viewed the bike.

Feel free to call me on 0409205892

Attached Files:

2. First injected blade. Such a top bike, best of luck with the sale....looks like one of the better ones
  3. text sent!
  4. Sold and sad to see her go, but I'm sure Murchy will enjoy her
  5. **** that was quick. My brother was keen, but by the time you add the stupid amount that insurance companies want for full comp on an old sports bike, its not a good deal anymore.

Top bike mate.
  6. Thanks mate, I'm sure I'll love her :D

And Dougz, as an under 25 male - I add 'stupid amount' to any insurance quote no matter what the bike =]
  7. Think I passed this bike being towed on a trailer tonight on the freeway at 5.20pm going west. She looked sweet. Lucky buyer got a nice looking ride.
  8. Yep, that's the one. It was coming back from a road worthy. Murchy collected her last night.
  9. Got the exact same one. Same colour. Love it. You won't be disappointed.
  10. I hate you.
  11. <<< Jealous
  12. Wonderful - brilliant machine.....congrats to both parties......

Murchy - I am slightly (very) jealous (y)

OP......I've heard great things about MPR.....I've spoken to Joe a number of times over the phone (he is very knowledgeable and happy to talk tech at no cost) - how is the service/workshop?

I have every intention to take the Ape there for a Rexxer tune etc......any real world experience would be interesting....
  13. I won't take my bikes anywhere else for mechanical work. Joe has gone out of his way to help me a number of times. When I wanted to spray my 1098 as a Checa replica, there was never any thought of taking it elsewhere. If you go to the expo next month you will see it there. Take a close look at the detail and finish.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks for the post.........just the reply I expected......

Cheers (y)
  15. Hey Murchy, Rosie is a good old girl, and she loves being ridden, but she's never going to cook for you too lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.