Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2000 r6 stalling in first gear

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by lornetkowiec, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Hello all,

My recently purchased 2000 r6 is great except for one problem, it sometimes stalls when I'm taking off in first gear. The bike stutters as if I'm running out of fuel and then just dies. When I restart it I have to rev it hard and then it goes. Every other gear is ok. This happened to me twice yesterday, and today on my way to work this morning I took off from a standing start about 15 times. This only happened once, however I held up traffic til I got it started again. Could this just be bad fuel? I would think if it was it would happen all the time though? Does anyone have any ideas? I want to get this fixed asap because if it dies when I'm turning right against oncoming traffic then I'm fu**ed!
  2. Does it rev up fine in neutral?
    Is it a problem only when it is under load

Is it firing on all cylinders? Sounds a little like your not sparking on all plugs when you put some load on it.

if your moving and then go hard on the power what happens? try it up a hill.