Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

20 year-old rider booked at 235kph

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by hornet, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Wollongong's paper today reports the court case of a rider who in May was clocked (but not caught :shock:) doing 235kph on the Hume Highway between Wagga Wagga and Wollongong.

MOD edit:
    WOLLONGONG man Ryan Bullough claims frustration with slow traffic and roadworks led him to record one of the highest speeds on the Hume Hwy - 235km/h.
    On May 5, Bullough left his Crown St home on his Honda CBR600 motorcycle to visit a friend in Wagga.
    In court yesterday, the 20-year-old miner pleaded guilty to riding recklessly, furiously or at a dangerous speed.
    "He was held up quite extensively by quite a lot of traffic and roadworks," solicitor Danny Lagopodis told the court.
    "When he came up to the third works in progress he was very, very frustrated and let go of the throttle a bit."
    The full report notes that he was not apprehended on the day but the day after, and that the court accepted that while the speed was excessive, it was clocked on a piece of double-lane highway with good visibility. The rider was noted to have passed 11 cars and 3 trucks at this speed.

2. Yeah, just a bit!
  3. he needs to get a faster bike, or the lazy bugger just wasnt trying hard enough
  4. He didnt have the throttle all the way open if 235 was all he managed :roll:

From a standing start a CBR600 will reach that speed in about 500m
  5. I was just about to quote the same line, when i saw your post.
  6. "20 year-old rider booked at 235kph"

That's some impressive police work, the wind at that speed would have been blowing around his notepad.
  7. Hahahaha :LOL: Paul we know its you mate...come on fess up, you traded the Hornet in for the cibby eh? :grin:
  8. Speaking from previous experience- the Hume is one place not to speed!
    Far too many coppers.
    I'm suprised they didn't chase him & shoot him!!! (oh yeah it was in NSW!) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  9. I'd love to be 20 again, cptn, and mad enough to 'wind it on' on the Hume, but I'm not, and know the cops round that area too well to do that on any bike :LOL:

No, the Hornet is in dry dock atm, having a little fall fixed up courtesy of Western QBE; she'll be back in a week or so, better than ever.....
  10. Are you ok mate?
    Hope the bikes ok too dude. :eek:
  11. Impressive speed for an impressively young rider.
  12. Interesting that the courts are at least sensible enough to recognise speed limits are not the be all and end-all of road safety. At least they admit that the road is probably the safest place to do that speed.