Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2 Wheels, 1000bhp

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by jd, Jan 25, 2007.

1. http://www.gizmag.com.au/go/6762/
    8.2 litres of supercharged V8 running on alcohol in a 500kg bike :shock:.

2. that's not a bike....... it's an engine with handlebars!!!

ye gods..... bloody stupid though.... you'd need a winch if you ever dropped it.

Fall of it though at it would kill you with it's weight!!
  3. Kinda wanna hope the blower doesn't blow up, too, given that your face is basically in it.
  4. So does this thing meet the engine capacity requirements for Learners in Victoria?
  5. Bwahahaha...

Rock up to do the P's test on it. :LOL:
  6. Yeah, I'd imagine countersteering would be a breeze on something like that :LOL:
  7. How well does counter-steering work with 1000hp burnouts?
  8. As stupid and pointless as it may be, I want one :demon:
  9. Be a mongrel for splitting, though :roll:.
  10. haha his wife wouldn't let him buy another engine, use the one you've got :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  11. You'd just need a run up!
  12. Unless it's got reverse, you'd wanna think carefully about where and how you stopped!
  13. That's the most insane thing I have ever seen. Where's the nearest dealer? :LOL:
  14. [​IMG]

Here's one with ADR. Not sure if its got 1000BHP in standard form though.

What's the deal with putting car motors in bikes???
  15. Yeah car engines, especially American V8s, aren't that impressive when it comes to bhp/cc or power/weight. What they do have over bike engines though is displacement - and that means torque and plenty of it. Of course as powerful as they may be there's still one thing they can't pass - a petrol station :LOL:.
  16. Jet powered.

Or how about jet powered bikes???

The website states:

"The critically acclaimed SUPERBIKE is the world's first turbine powered street legal motorcycle in its class, and has been recognized by Guinness World Records as the "Most Powerful Motorcycle Ever to Enter Series Production" and the "Most Expensive Production Motorcycle". Powered by a Rolls Royce Allison gas turbine engine, the SUPERBIKE has demonstrated over 300 hp and 425 ft/lbs of torque on the Dyno Jet 200"

17. I'd love to see someone build a bike powered by a Le Rhone rotary - should make corners real interesting ;) :LOL:.
  18. gusthedog, that would be a fairly scary ride... would certainly out scream a GP 125 bike though... :shock:

jd, reading up on those Le Rhone rotary's.. theres another story i had about a rotary mounted in the same orientation as the wheels, made a lot more sense, belt drive from the propeller stub to the gearbox..
  19. Apparently their biggest design issue was to find a way to vent the exhaust (which exits at about 1200C) without melting the rider's legs, or other vehicles beside and behind the bike :shock: