Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2-wheeled Furniture

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by jd, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Came across this one on ebay
    Must have made a nice lounge room ornament but wouldn't they have been much better off actually riding it.

2. I've heard of buying art and salting it away as investment, but THIS??? What a bargain!
  3. But seriously folks. I have lived and ridden in California, and there are lots of bikes with that kind of mileage around. The typical California owner only rides a few weekends each year. I knew one bloke who spent a fortune on a Harley Road King, and only rode it once a year, when he went to Sturgis to play big bad biker for a week.
  4. Something is not right here. the 1100's had wire wheels and the two blue stripes don't look standard.

Also why would you do all that other work, if you planned on just collecting it.

I may be wrong, because of the US thing, but I wouldn't be folking out much more than one with much higher k's.
  5. Yes, you are wrong because of the 'US' thing. Most Americans don't like wire wheels, they see them as a quaint european eccentricity. This bike looks pretty straight to me, here is a picture of another US spec 1100 Katana for comparison.

6. http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/suzuki_gsx_1100_s_katana_1983.php

shows the blue strip as standard, but that oil cooler certainly isn't (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Also shows alloy wheels; I thought the only wire-wheeled versions that came here were specifically imported for racing in the Six Hour and proddy racing???
  7. That looks more credible. Still no stripes, however.

Still 83 was a couple or years in, so maybe they wacked them on the US model.
  8. Stripes were on the '83 model GS1100, and a few others - wheels are also stock. Click here for an overview of the various 750/1000/1100 colour schemes (though good luck reading some of the writing on the poster).