Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2 Stroke Oil

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by mekros, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Greetings all,

I'm about to purchase a Honda NSR150SP as a little commuter, and I'm wondering if there is a specific type oftwo stroke oil that is recommended, or if different brands even make a difference.

2. My scooter is a 2-stroke and I tend to use Castrol. Tried others and sometimes different brand feels "sluggish".
  3. Definately use something hi qual like Motul, never use premix at your servo.
  4. I'm with Scooter.. I always use Motul 600 which is a fully synthetic oil suitable for injected systems. It isnt cheap costs about $26 per litre or $80 for 4 litres but it will save you in the long run.
  5. For a liquid cooled semi performance 2 stroke like an NSR150 (or a RGV250 or a RS250) I'd always use a quality 2 stroke synthetic motorcycle oil designed for liquid cooled motorbikes.

For an earlier type motor like a DT175 which is air cooled cheaper semi synthetic is fine.

Don't use chain saw/mower oil in bikes ever either.

Never... ever... ever... use the pre mix in a barrel from a servo. Almost all bikes these days have oil injection pumps anyway.
  6. Don't but an NSR150 they can be unreliable, go for a 250 instead, much much better :)
  7. Hmm yeah.. fair comment Nova
  8. NSR150

Any of the name brands 2 stroke oil in fully synthetic oil you cant go wrong Motul, Castrol, Mobil, Shell, Fuchs, Silkone etc etc etc.