Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2 questions about my 2009 honda CB400. Replace airbox and bar end mirror adjustment...hey

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by bennjamin, Mar 30, 2010.

1. hey all

Ive picked up a cb400 as a daily great bike.

anyway , firstly I was wondering what are the logistics of replacing the standard airbox with 4 smaller cone filters ? Is it essentially a direct fit and little issues ? Ive noticed a couple of vacuum tubes for perhaps the PCV system or oil catch - these would be eliminated. What about a return for the charcol canister etc? Being a EFI bike i would think it would respond the same way a car responds to a aftermarket air filter....perhaps increased induction noise and slight poke increase.
    Would 4 pods be deemed a worthwhile mod ? Would this , coupled with a nicer free flowing can give a good increase in response/ noise ? And finally would this intake mod + muffler be adjusted to like any EFI ECU does over time ?

Next , i have removed both my mirrors and replaced the RHS with a RIZOMA reverse mirror. It sits on the standard bar end fine , but ive noticed the bar end actually has a very slight amount of rotational play in it ( same either side ) which ends up with the daily need to adjust the mirror. Any ideas as to how firm up the standard bar end ? Or should i be looking at an aftermarket one to fit this mirror ?

any thoughts greatly appreciated !

thanks ben