Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2 questions 2006 600rr

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by fubarcbr, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ok 2 questions first what is the fuel tank capacity, i ahve been looking around and it recons it is 18L with 3.5L reserve but that is crap. andy one own one and can vouche for that. cause i ould but in like 13l every time i fill up.

and second how much power does it have, been looking and can't find it any where.

2. Sorry, mate, facts beats impressions. The bike has an 18 litre fuel tank with a 3.5 litre reserve. How often you have to fill it and how much it takes has to do with your right hand, not the manufacturer's design.

The official power figure for the '06 model is 115 brake horse power (or 85KW) at 13,500 rpm

And all I did was to Google the model name and pick that information from several thousand hits.....
  3. :roll:
  4. Yeah, the tank capacity is definitely listed as 18L, but I ride the same bike and when the gauge is heading towards empty, and I fill it up, I can fit in the same, about 13 L. So with a 18L tank, 3.5 reserve, that leaves 14.5L....1.5L left when the gauge is about to hit empty seems ok to me.