Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2 Months work?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Flipper, Mar 30, 2006.

1. As some of you know, I am currently unemployed. I have been short listed to work at DHS and hopefully I get a position there but that won't happen until at least 22nd may.
    I HATE not working and relying on government pensions and the purse strings are pulling pretty damn tightly at the moment.
    If anyone knows of any work that I can do up until the 22nd May please let me know.
    Taking my family into consideration, around the Mulgrave area is preferable and I will need a day off between now and when I start at DHS to attend a group interview.

Cheers
    Deb

2. Hey flipper, I used to in recruitment, and although dont know of anything in Mulgrave area - if you wanna email me your cv I can do a quick squizz and maybe tweek it a bit or whateva...

Are you looking for office - as always short term temp jobs available...retail - may be more difficult to get short term work, as even if casual they like a bit more commitment...sorry am not too sure what DHS is....?!?

Know this sounds a bit vague and isnt really that helpful, but if I can help in any way give me a shout....

3. DHS=Department of Human Services

Id reccomend grabbing some casual work, and if they wont give you time off for the interview just go and dont turn up for work :LOL:? Maybe advertise yourself as a tutor at schools? cash in hand too.
    retail jobs are pretty easy to land as long as you have experience, as im sure you know. I dont personally know of anything going anywhere, but surely even getting a checkout chick job would be better than nothing?
    wish i had more suggestions, but im sure youve heard it all before.

4. Pity you want work around Mulgrave....

My house needs a clean, car polished and the yard tidied up. (that'll take a month by itself) Then there's putting some new cladding on, painting the roof etc.
    I pay $5 an hour, minus food and board :cool:

No??

Ah well, good luck, I hope you find something.

JJ