Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

2 mins back in the saddle

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Bridgey, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Just a little near miss :)

For those don't know I bought myself a bike after quite a number of years out of the saddle. Had Paul & the team at aitkens check it out, do a service and blue slip. A week later and it was all set to be picked up on Saturday!

So Saturday arrives and I'm quite excited! Some overnight and morning rain in the area plus the time away made for a nice slow easy ride. I take off gingerly down the road getting used to it all again. I'm in the left lane a few car lengths behind the car infront. Coming up to a roundabout the a car on my left has entered after the car in front, no dramas as the car behind it had stopped upon seeing me approaching... As I start to approach the roundabout I notice the car behind the car on my left has not slowed down and bang, has managed to push the car halfway into my lane! Thankfully I was travelling slow enough to miss the front of the car, a quick change in direction and I'm clear!

Not a bad near miss less than 400m from the workshop! The rest of the 56km was incident free, damn it was fun being back on two wheels, I think I had a grin from ear to ear all the way home!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Strewth - so if they can't get you directly they're attempting to push other cars out in front instead. Some people must really hate riders!! ;)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - rear end collisions are almost always avoidable, and there needs to be more done to stop this! If people can't see a friggin vehicle stopped in front of them where they're heading to (and supposed to be looking) - complete with nice bright break lights- why does the government think that fluro vests on bikes will make a difference?!!?
  3. Near hit.