Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1st time out with wife's new bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by cougs, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Exploring the Dandenongs

With only 3-4hrs spare last Sunday we were challenged coming up with a ride plan that involved more kms than coffee. Having just come from basketball and with a trip to the speedway on the horizon a 3-4hr ride was not only on the cards and a perfect fit, but just what we both needed!

From the road works in Hallam to the stupid speed humps somewhere north if Endeavour Hills the early stage was (to say the least) frustrating. Hello Lysterfield with your wide roads, smooth curves and lack or constabulary!

The big thing that stands out about Tan on her new bike is that she seems a lot more "willing" off the line .....if my attention slipped she had no hesitation in showing me the front 1/3 of the 750 with the un-spoken sub conscious understanding that I had "gone soft"; a situation which I was keen to correct with an over abundance of horsepower and tough looking snarls...

So the route took in Emerald, Gembrook, Cockatoo and all the good shit in that area that is to be had. The road through the scout camp and alongside Puffing Billy line is one I haven't ridden for a couple of years and I had a ball there today. Pegs were scraped, boot rubber was sacrificed and sphincters were (at times) tightened in the race down into Pakenham.

Pleasingly for the first time ever there were no roadside revenue raisers in attendance and the ride could be ridden at the appropriate pace (somewhere nth of $1.80 is commonly understood to be 'appropriate'). After I pulled over on reaching the 60 into Pakky to await my princess you can imagine my pride when she blew past me with finger raised less than 30 seconds behind...

Sadly the un-announced road works on Cardinia Rd spoiled further fun south of the fwy but the run back to Berwick was enough time to realise that shit was now real and this new bike meant business.

Bring it! - all arvo and into tomorrow this is the perfect ride for Tan and whilst she is still a 'nanna rider' she still kicks the required amount of arse and takes everything else in stride.

• Like Like x 1
  2.  Top
  3. Missus won't be there but I will - been in the last 2 and wouldn't miss this one. @GreyBM@GreyBM leads a good ride!

4. tell the missus we want her there too, is she looking after the kids?