Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1st Netride!

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Fiery, Mar 13, 2007.

1. :grin: Yay went on my first big "Netride" yesterday. I am on my L's now for about 4 months and being in Tas leapt at the chance for a slower ride with Smack and Twingirl - two lovely Hobartians.

The maximum speed limit here on your L's or P's is 80kph so I haven't been on one of the bigger rides due to the obvious fact that I would slow everyone down enormously!

So we set off early afternoon from my place to Richmond via all manner of twistie picturesque, hillbilly-laden country roads and really did the scenic route. Yay my first twisties!!! not sure how dull it was with TG bringing up the rear behind me as I pretty much stuck to the warning signs for speed on each corner whilst I got a bit of a feel for it all. Used my engine braking a lot and learnt a great deal. I am not ready to be laying the bike over and such, just happy I got to do such a cool series of roads with experienced riders who I could watch.

By the time we got to Richmond - I swear my genitals were fast asleep - my Honda Rebel is comfy but that was the longest trip I have done so far and the poor dear broomstick isn't really built for speed and has quite a vibrate....no complaints there! :wink:

So a lovely stop in Richmond provided coffees and giggles where I think we actually came close to making Smack blush a couple of times - a gargantuan effort at best. Then off to my place for warming cups of tea and more giggles.

Thanks muchly to Smack and TG for a great time and hope we can do it again soon!
  2. Congrats on your first 'Netride' Fiery :)

I'm not so sure about Smack being 'lovely' though :LOL:
  3. :grin: well, they have put up with me piratey drunk in the spa so I reckon that's fairly lovely!!!! tis grand to have folk to show me the ropes.
  4. :LOL: :LOL: being drunk in the spa with you helps translate the coversation!!

It was good to get out with ya girl!! I thought you handled Grass Tree Hill road very well...esp. when your final words before we donned helmets and rode off, was " I don't wanna do twisties.." :LOL: :LOL:
    The giggles at the Richmond Bakery were worth it...so was seeing Smack blush.......well..almost blush....

We are your riding buddies in Hobart..only too happy to get you out and about... :cool:
    Catch ya at the flicks tonite!!
  5. Everything was perfect, until you sat on that damn Orangutan. My minds eye is still all screwed up :grin:

Great cool weather and it was nice to hold up the idiots in cages for a change.

For those that don't know, Grass Tree Hill is a section of the Targa. So it is twistie heaven. Fiery on the mini vibrator did exceptionally well for her first big day out. We'll make sure there are many many more of them.
  6. :grin: Hey don't mock my orangutangness!!!

Will organise another ride very soon - on an afternoon of course. :cool:

7. Yeah...and I am a Melbournian who got lost in Hobart for 3 years..... :LOL: :LOL:
  8. The image of the Orang Utan...made me think of the 2 fat ladies fighting over their husband on Little Britain....when she misplaced her wig.. :shock:

:LOL: :LOL:

bring on the next afternoon ride...how about this weekend??

Got to make the most of the fine weather before winter hits and we all go into hibernation...... :cry:
  9. :woot: congrats & well done :grin: glad to hear it all went well & you had fun
  10. Hey Firey......congrats on the 1st ride :grin: :grin: :grin:

re the twisties.......c'mon you live in TASSIE....there is no way you cant ride a bike down there & not do twisties.....just relax & you will pick up the nack of riding those off camber, closing radius, roadkill infested Tassie corners.

11. You make that sound like a bad thing
  12. :p I really enjoy commuting into work and back at night but hadn't had a go at real corners yet - so different when it's a road you don't know and you have no idea what's around that corner.

Smack made me do it - hee hee
  13. Congrats on your first Netride, i am still yet to get their, but i am yet still only new.

As for Grass tree, i have done it once, still indifferent about it, but yeah twisties are all over tassie, thats why bikers love our roads so much :cool:

I hope next time you set up a ride i could come along, i think my mates are sick of me holding them back, haha :LOL:

14. Well...funny you should mention that.......

We are planning on taking out Fiery again this weekend.....not sure if she knows this yet... :LOL: :LOL:
    Which day suits people..?
    Smack and I were thinking of dragging out the unsuspecting Fiery on Sunday........ :grin:
    Stay tuned to this thread for more details.....
  15. Just my luck :grin:

I have Sunday off work, so if weather permits that sweet for me :cool:
  16. Yay another newb to join the ranks!!! Also check out the 'other states' link and go to the Tas section - we have a fair natter on there too.
  17. Cool...better organise where to meet and where to go for the ride..... :LOL: :LOL:

Sunday will be a late start...say 1.30pm....
  18. 1st netride

OK Peeps..

We will go out again on Sunday 18th March, ( if it's not raining!)
    Meet at the Mornington pub, next to the roundabout, just off the freeway.... :LOL: :LOL:
    Come on...I'm sure you all know this!!

Meet there at 1.30pm....

Perhaps we can go to Richmond and Opossum bay??
  19. I just remember i might be going to tassienats on Sunday :?

but its not set yet, ill let you all know on Sunday morning....

and i was looknig forward to going for a ride too
  20. :grin: count me in! sounds like fun!