Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1999 Yamaha R1 - $5900

Discussion in 'Archived' started by tubthumping, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all it is with a little tinge of sadness that I put my beloved Yamaha R1 up for sale. She's been a great bike for a long time now but the call of dirtbiking is proving too strong so that's where I'm heading.

The Details

1999 Yamaha R1

70,xxx kms (mainly highway kms, and anyone who know R1's knows that is stuff-all kms for them anyway).

Remus aftermarket exhaust (great sound)

Rear tyre with less than 300kms on it!!!

Anodized bar ends

K&N Air and Oil Filters

Serviced every 6000kms.

Comes with 12 months rego

Please note that the bike is sold without the gear sack rack but comes with the rack attachments.

This is a beautiful clean example of the R1 with minimal mods. Price is $5900 cash. however as I said I'm heading to dirtbiking so that means that I would be interested in a trade for a >400cc dirtbike plus cash difference my way. Not really looking at anything later than '02. Honda XR600 would be first choice (or the other Jap 600cc equivalents), but I would also consider a XR400, WR450, DR400, etc. Road running gear (light, rego, etc) would be preferable but not essential.

I'm in Cairns, so I could arrange shipping to an interstate buyer for a very reasonable price through one of my transport mates.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.