Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1998 ZX6R Trackie Project

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by murchy, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Hi guys,

I've recently purchased a 1998 zx6r to convert to a track bike, and am having trouble sourcing go-fast bits.

I'd like to find some crash protection (engine covers etc), rearsets, double bubble screen etc.

Anyone know a good place to source older parts? (other than ebay)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Congrats on the project. Try "wet 4 u racing", the guy is really into his older kawasakis etc (don't let the stupid name fool you).
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Welcome to the Kawasaki club.

Nice machine the '98 zx6r. If your searching for parts make sure you check out another forum, ksrc. Jump in there say hi and check out parts on there, always something coming up that might help you out.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys, I'll check those sites out.

Hopefully this weekend I'll be stripping it all down to do a better assessment of it's condition. Planning on doing some time-lapse video footage of the work using my gopro. Time-lapse means that hopefully if I speed it up enough you won't be able to see me being terrible.

5. The ultimate time-lapse project video...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hahaha
  7. It's been progressing a little slowly, rego and insurance due this month so funds have been a little short.

Carbies are out and cleaned, and I've been doing some ebay shopping - so far I've picked up a new screen, air filter, levers, brake pads, discs and lines all round.

To come: rearsets, new springs (all round), spark plugs, oil filter, oil.

To do: repair fairings, prep and paint. And assembly of all of the above :p
    • Like Like x 1