Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1998 Kawasaki ZX9R

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by Dougz, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1998 Kawasaki ZX9R - SOLD!!

Hey Guys,

As much as I don't want to sell, my circumstances dictate that I have to move this quickly.

I have a 98 Green ZX9R for sale. If you're looking for a bike that will do everything from Sportriding and Commuting to Long distance touing then this is the bike for you!

Its a great bike and has served me well over the past year both touring and day to day commuting. However it did go for a slide down the road in the wet (bloody tram tracks) causing superficial damage to the LHS fairing. I can provide a contact who has a replacement mid-fairing for $70 if required. I could just never be bothered worrying about it.

The Good:

* The C1 ZX9 engine is essentially bulletproof. Do your research, this engine will outlive most of us.

* Rebuilt front calipers

* Near new Brembo pads

* Braided Galfer front lines

* Rebuilt front Master Cylinder

* Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyres around 90% new

* Comfy as all fcuk to ride

* Approx 6 months rego left

* Yoshi pipe

* Original Pipe also supplied

* 3 Month Old Sprockets and Chain

* Only 55*** ks! (these things have been known to go well past 200***ks!)

The Not-So Good:

* LHS fairing scratched up. Not bad but if you're finicky then this isn't the bike for you. The drop was in a torrential thunder/hailstorm so it just slid for a while with minimal damage.

* Carbies could use a cleanout. I'd do it but don't have the time or money. I've been quoted ~ $350 for a full cleanout but you could do it yourself easily enough.

This bike is a steal at $3500 ono.

I paid nearly 6k for it last November. I'm taking into account the scratched fairing and the carby clean that it will need soon. You can get a complete new fairing set if needed for ~ $500 on ebay or get a full repair and respray for around the same price.

For $3500 this is a steal.

PM me to arrange an inspection. Test rides welcome with a "you bin it, you bought it" policy understandably in place.

Located in Avondale Heights. Here are the most recent photos I have. As you can see shes in good condition, I need to move this asap!

ZX driveway.

ZX Maccas.

2. Awesome price! Great opportunity for a trackie for someone......wish I had the funds.
    Gl with the sale!

3. This must go asap. Make me an offer that's not ridiculous.

4. Sold!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.