Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1998 Honda VFR800 - excellent condition

Discussion in 'Archived' started by fozzy, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1998 Honda VFR800 - excellent condition [SOLD]

Hi All,

Up for sale is our beloved VFR. She is in excellent condition for her age and has been fastidiously cared for by just 2 owners.

Details and inclusions:
    74,519Kms - nothing for a VFR
    Staintune low rise pipe (much better for touring with pillion and bags than high rise) Original pipe included.
    Bar risers
    Heated grips
    Gear rack and bag
    Seat cowel
    Lambswool seat cover
    12V socket under seat
    Oxford soft panniers
    Pilot Road 2 tires front and rear - both about 80%
    Chain and sprockets 80%
    Oil and filter changed every 4000kms - Motul 5100
    K&N air filter
    All fluids recently changed
    Valve clearances all well in spec
    Steering head bearings replaced
    Reg Rec recently replaced
    Always garaged and polished
    Registered until Oct 2011

Bike has never been dropped at speed but was once laid on it's left side in the driveway by the previous owner. There are some very minor marks on the fairing as a result.

There is absolutely nothing to spend on this bike - it's ready to ride and tour.

Since we've owned it most of it's work has been long distance touring - it's what we love to do but we have a young family now and are just unable to get away on our own - The sale is going towards a camper trailer.

We are very sad to see her go, but want her to go to someone who will enjoy her as much as we have.

Asking a very reasonable $5,500

Ph: 0418 302 384

Photos attached - will post some better ones taken with my SLR later

Attached Files:

2. Excellent bike, and even better price

That's about what I payed for mine, which was 100% standard with scratches and 112,000kms

Hope it goes to a good home, good luck.
  3. Thanks, I always think it's better to price things realistically and get a sale than price it too high and wait for weeks to sell it at a lower price anyway...

Having a good time emailing back and forth with what I 99% sure is an ebay scammer...
  4. Just added some better pics.
  5. *sigh* wish I could, that's a nice looking bike and a pretty good deal for a vfr as well I think.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.