Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1998 honda hornet

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by pragnasty, Mar 14, 2005.

1. :D wassup! :D looking at me second bike and stickin with the 250s. looking at a honda hornet 250, 1998 model. looking on redbook i cant find a price guide, does anyone know what sort of money i should be paying for one of these it has 17000 on the clock and is in fairly good condition. help greatly appreciated ... :D resale as well? :) :eek:

2. um i guess im not having much luck. :(
    well does anybody know whats is the difference between a cb250 hornet and a honda vtr 250? are they the same? all i know the hornet im lookin g at is a grey import.... :? :? :?

3. The Hornet 250 is a 4 cylinder naked, the vtr250 is a v-twin naked other than both being naked bikes they have nothing in common :)

You won't find values for grey market bikes in guides. This is one of the problems with buying them, another can be difficulty with insurance and difficulty with obtaining parts.

That shouldn't stop one buying grey market bikes but it does mean you should be paying significantly less than an oz imported one.