Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC 1997 Kawasaki ZX6R - Carlton

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by elimy, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Hi guys!

What a terrible 24 hours I've had. Yesterday I discovered my bike had been stolen and today my car won't start :-(

I'd just spent a bunch of money getting lots of work done on this bike - it was running beautifully and I'm crushed. It is red and it has some stickers on it from a previous owner threatening physical harm to anybody messing with the bike (obviously ineffective!), saying something about a speed camera test vehicle and the number 27 on the front. A harder to alter identifier might be the scratches at the bottom of the right fork, where it attaches to the wheel.

2. fcuking dogs another one gone hope you get good news
  3. Sorry to hear the bad news. Did the bike have any sort of theft prevention device on it?
  4. #4 German mistress, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    Farking scum

Where was it parked and any locks on it??
  5. It was parked in a secure parking lot under my building and had no special locks.

Just a little follow-up: Police recovered my bike, somebody is being charged. So that's nice :] It'll still cost me a lot to get it back into shape - it got messed up a bit. But a lot less than replacing it.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Hope the perp ends up somewhere that has special locks! Grr!