Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1997 Honda hornet 250 (CB250F) / Melb

Discussion in 'Archived' started by the.forsaken, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deposit taken, bike most likely sold... thanks for looking :D

So, managed to make it to my full licence intact (body and bike!) looking at upgrading, so my little 250 is up for sale.

Bike is a honda hornet 250 - basically a CBR250 engine in a naked bike, great little learner bike, can get up and go pretty nicely for a 250 too :) (certainly destroys it's two cylinder rivals), cheap to insure, looks pretty sweet for a 250 too imo :)

Anyway - details:
    Bike: Hornet 250, 1997 build date, 1999 compliance date
    Color: silver/black
    Engine: 4cy 250CC, ~39hp (factory)
    K's: 34xxx km
    RWC: will be provided, rego exp. november, rego AZ659
    Price: $3900 ONO

more/high res pics :

Condition: as you can see from the pics, very good. Pretty much nil damage on the bike, no drops or crashes with me as the owner.
    Headset bearings & rear brake replaced when I purchased the bike, chain and sprockets GC, NEW tires (<1000km old) BT-016's front and rear (cost 500$ fitted). Front pads will possibly be replaced for the RWC, not quite sure... Oil etc changed regularly.

Mods: aftermarket twin pipe exit JMCA exhaust (loud for a 250, bit too loud really... but hey, people will hear you :D). Also comes with another set of mirrors which look way cooler, I just couldnt see shit behind me with them on so I stuck with the ugly-but-functional factory mirrors :)

So yeah... price is ONO, if you are interested gimme a call and come check the bike out...

Attached Files:

2. My House mates bike :p. Its a pretty awesome learners bike, I was allowed to take it for a few spins when i was on my restricted licence, well worth checking out for a new rider.

He looks after it pretty well to.

PS. 3 bikes in our garage is a bit crowded :S
  3. Just learnt this bike is sold - bummed, I would jump at it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.