Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1996zx7r lost keys

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by rayzrider65, Sep 16, 2008.

1. hello I need to remove the ignition barrel,to get a key cut,I want to know if the bolts are star or hex bolts,that secure the barrel to the bike..thanks

2. Suuuuuuuuuuuure ya lost it..... :-k :LOL:

this remind me, i need to get a few copies of mine made

3. There Security screws..
    You cant get a key cut from the barrel you need a new ignition the barrel should be tamper proof so you cant get to the tumblers to match a key without wreaking the ignition If you brought it new you should still have the key number (little tag with a key code on it) or track down the previous owner and see if he has it then you can order a key from the dealer for $20+ if not take the triple clamp off and take the hole thing to the dealer with owners papers ..Whats the bike ?? Hmmm What the engine number.. :roll:
  4. HEY guys i found the key,what a relief..I was in a position of takiong the top triple clamp off,which I wasn't looking forward to..anyway LIVE AND LEARN..GET ALEAST 1 COPY..I could have got a key cut for 70 bucks,or on site for 250-350$..anyway thanks for your help