Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1995 kawasaki zz-r600

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by mattyk23, Aug 9, 2011.

1. hey guys looking at this bike a guy has for sale he wants around 1000 ono the specs as far as i know and can tell are

70 000 k's
    small ding in fule tank
    few scratches on plastic
    needs new battery
    needs new front tyre

im not a mechanic at all just very basic know how but love to learn by experience

what are some of the question i would ask him about the bike and also what do u think it worth??
  2. "Do you mind if I have a mechanic give me a report on it?"
    Revs check.
    Sounds alright.
  3. I had one of these as my first bike. From memory....

-check 2nd gear. They have a tendancy to pop out of 2nd when they get a few miles on them.
    -The rear shock should be checked, might need replacing or rebuilding if possible.
    -The brake calipers seized solid on mine and needed replacing - but that was in the UK and it was used over winter with salt on the road. Might not be an issue in Oz?
    -check the downpipes. The originals will probably have rusted through years ago, so with any luck it'll have a nice stainless set. (Again maybe this is a UK/salt issue?)
    -Cush drive rubbers might need replacing, reportedly a weak point on these bikes.

That's about all I can remember. From what I have seen of Aussie bike prices, AU$1000 doesn't seem to buy much so perhaps not too badly priced?