Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1995 CBR600 F3 Scrambler

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Ralf76, Mar 5, 2016.

1. IMG_1982.JPG IMG_2004.JPG IMG_2037.JPG IMG_2095.JPG Hi Guys

I'm in the process of converting my 95 CBR600 F3 into a matt black scrambler , I started first with removing the fairing , installing an LSL handlebar riser kit , still working on installing aftermarket head light and speedo , screaming demon black muffler , here are some pics .
    • Like Like x 2
  2. This could be an interesting project to watch.

Are you intending to actually use it on the rough stuff? - lots of gravel roads & the like?

Don't lose sight of the fact you still have road bike geometry. This can be changed, a little, if you intend to use it as a scrambler to "do a bit of dirt" or are you after a cosmetic change only?

Keep us posted.
  3. I have a drz400e for the serious dirt but I wana give the CBR a go on the softer stuff , I know , the suspension on the cbr will be at a serious disadvantage on the dirt.
    Will see if the tyres will improve , looks would be great thats for sure .
    How about sand dunes ? rekon big fun .
  4. Short Trail will be your enemy in sand, and on loose surfaces generally. A larger front wheel is a good idea. There is a reason why trail bikes have them. It's not just about suspension travel.
  5. IMG_2116.JPG IMG_2117.JPG IMG_2116.JPG IMG_2117.JPG IMG_2126.JPG
    • Like Like x 1
  6. More updates on the CBR project .