Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1994 zzr250 manuals

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by kransky.dan, Nov 4, 2006.

1. hey all,
    jusr bought my first bike, but the guy didnt have any of the manuals.

Can anyone confirm the the GPX250 manuals are the same as the ZZR250 manuals?
    I have read some posts saying that they are but i wouldnt mind this confirmed please.....

Also can anyone point me in the right direct for basic maintenance for it as i am a noob and dont know much about bikes. :roll:

Thanks all
  2. You can buy them from a KAwasaki dealer, but its cheaper if someone
    here or on ebay has them for sale.
  3. There is a base manual and an update - the pair will set you back around $70 from a dealer. Congrats on the bike
  4. i dont know how you managed to get a motorbike from the future, but i wouldnt mind seeing some pics. surely it hovers? good to know the planet will still exist at that stage.
  5. I like time travel, so what does it run on?
  6. hahaha whoops, *edited*
    it did run the quater in 3.2secs
  7. can someone pls confirm or shatter the idea that the gpx and zzr are the same manual.
  8. GPX250/Ninja and ZZR 250 manuals are completely different.

I have a copy of a ZZR-250 service manual that appears to be a scan in PDF format. If you like, I can send you a copy via email?

Don't pay for manuals, it's killing the trees.
  9. There is a base manual labeled
    Motorcycle Service Manual - Ninja250R GPZ250R
    - in the model specs they are designated EX250-E1,E2

I have A ZZR so also have
    Motorcycle Service Manual Supplement ZZ-R250
    - Model Specs EX250-H1/H2/H3/H4/H5/H7.....H14

They are intended to be used as overlays i.e. look it up in the base and then see if there is an overide in the supplement. My bike is a EX250-H13.

Based on this and the fact that the GPX is the same mechanical setup as the ZZR, my educated guess is that you buy the same base manual and then a supplement for the GPX.

Hope this helps, good luck.
  10. GPX/ZZR

The manuals are different. I have a GPX and a ZZR manual, and they are different......BUT, you can use the GPX manual for the ZZR and vice-versa. The engines are identicle along with all the specs.
    If you need any specs, feel free to e-mail me....
    Hope that helps.

11. PM sent to s3cret for email of manuals.
  12. For what it's worth i recently bought a zzr250 service manual from Kawasaki, one book $49.
  13. hey all,
    thanks for your replies, i found the manual online and added it to my webspace
    users.on.net/~kransky.dan if anyone wants it.

Still looking for a base manual if anyone has one..........
    thanks again