Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1993 Kawasaki GPX250

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by kyle_13, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ok i have a chance to get the above for $300.

Heres the details

Now as the KM's are so high what would i need to look at, would this be a good investment or a waste of money.

I have not got my licence yet but i thought this would be a great learning curve on motorbike mechanics and a learner bike.

So for all the people out there that have owned one of these please could you give me as much information as possible.

2. http://forums.ninja250.org/

Price what you need at findapart or where ever, then weigh that up against other bikes for sale - including rego RWC etc.
    Its a lot of Ks though...but gpx parts usually aren't that expensive....you need to do your homework.
  3. I have got a GPX 250 '92 model and it has been the only bike I've ever had. It's a great commuter, excellent on fuel, and mine has done just over 80,000kms. It is listed as a good first bike for learners. $300 is a good price for a first bike but I would be mostly interested in what it is going to cost you to repair it and put it back on the road, are the tyres good, how has it been ridden, etc, etc. Might even be good for a project bike, help you learn about bikes.
  4. feel free to reply in either, i feel the need to pleace in both as one is a general inquiry and the other is more of a manitenance one.