Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1991 Yamaha TZR250 (3XV?)

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Feverpitched, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Howdy,

Looking for a workshop manual for a 1991 TZR250. Will pay for hardcopy.

Also, looking for good websites or tech info/articles.

2. Google may have found you your latin quotes, but it's no good for TZR specific information. Google will not always save your redneck ass, Joel.
  3. :eek:hno: :eek:hno: :eek:hno:
    solly! :blackeye:
  4. No probs. I'm well aware that you're just like a slinky.

Anyone with useful information? As mentioned, will pay for a hardcopy of the workshop manual. A track bike is the project if the real mods are wondering.
  5. :(
    aww, now my feelings are all hurt. my whole day has been ruined...
  6. Hmm, that's the bike I used to ride (overseas), and I had a photocopied factory manual for it, but gave it away.

I recall there were 2 variants, TZR250R and TZR250SP, mine was the latter, single-seater, dry-clutch (never fails to get attn at the lites when they go like someone rattling chains!).

Almost fitted a set of race pipes (custom-made in Hong Kong), but this mechanic who raced 3XVs explained patiently to me, while he could fit it on my bike, he wouldn't be able to tune it properly short of bringing it to a race-track!

Didn't know there were any 3XVs in Oz.
  7. 3XVs are rare, not as rare as the Kwaka KR1s.

The 3XVs actually were brought in by Yamaha for a few years, now grey imported a bit.
  8. Yamaha did not bring in the 3XV...i had an RS quite some time ago which was the earlier SP...handle very nice....i have the parts book if you want to copy it
  9. ylwgtr: Yes please! Do you have anything else 3XV related? Mine is fitted with an SP motor, unsure of the frame at the moment. There isn't much information out there on these things. PM me which beer you like and we'll take it from there.
  10. thats fine...i dont drink.....i may have some 3xv odds and ends floating around at home...will pm you my contact details
  11. hey visit the post classic racing association ..there is a guy there who races a 3xv ..he will know all the answers..his name is jools