Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SA 1991 Suzuki GSXR 7/12 - Sefton Park

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by Joel T, May 24, 2014.

1. Thieving scum stole my '91 GSXR 750 from my driveaway in Sefton Park, SA in the early hours of the morning. Rego: YZI736
    Most distinguishing features being the 1200 Bandit engine (V719179732), Mikuni RS38 Carbs, K&N pod filters, Yoshimura exhaust and an opaque black screen.
    It was resprayed in red/white/black (original design and markings, but without the "750" sticker).
    This bike is a daily rider, an ongoing project, my transport and my passion.
    If you see it, please contact me.

2. Sorry to hear - I'll keep an eye out for it but I'm other side of town to you.
  3. Cheers Goldnine. Trying to get the word out to all the groups likely to notice and recognise the bike or parts.
    Bit more info, VIN is JS1GR7AA0M2103038
  4. So, my bike was recovered on Sunday. The criminal genius responsible was riding it around with the plates "FKSAPOL".
    Unfortunately she's going to need a complete restoration. Fairing and mounting brackets are mangled. Tank dented. Mirrors, fuel filler, indicators all stuffed. Some sort of garden plumbing has been threaded into the oil filler. Electrics mangled and a switch spliced in for hotwiring. Terrible black and gold rattle can paintjob on everything... Lots of work.

5. Sorry to see this mate, it was a looker before that grub got his hands on it.
    Unfortunately the justice system in Australia leaves a lot to be desired and they'll probably just get a smack on the wrist. Removing fingers would be a more preferable option.
  6. Yeah, the guy's a multiple time loser apparently, so I'm vaguely hopeful that he will actually see some time over this.
    He didn't resist arrest unfortunately (according to the arresting constable).