Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1991 GSX250F Across for learner

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by janz, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Hi everyone! i just got my L today and i would like to ask about the Suzuki 1991 GSX250F Across.
    Is there any major issue of this bike? Maintenance cost (average?high?)

I did a quick search and found that there are some issues with the bike, eg: clutch and chain.
  2. They have a great engine, but love to be revved. No real issues as far as I'm aware, they do like to drink a bit of juice too, compared to other 250's that is. Maintenance should be similar to other 4cylinder 250's.
  3. If they are running a bit sluggish its normally the slide holders in the carbs are worn.

Some of them need the main jet needles set 1 lower if they're running rich and using too much fuel and carbs resynch'd.

They're pretty solid little bikes. I had two.

Learn quick how to open the trunk with no power, or extend some leads from the battery to a more accessible place, else be caught out one day when you can least afford it.
  4. :grin: thanks all. Great comments
  5. As others have mentioned, strong engines and gearboxes, these things last a long time when maintained.

Good power at high rpm, precious little below 8000rpm
  6. Ive got one and it goes quite well, no problems so far but yeah you have to rev it pretty hard to get power, but i can easily cruise at 100km/h at about 9000rpm in 6th. Maintenace is like all other in line 4's