Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

1991 gpx250r fuel problem?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by The Brick, Jun 2, 2006.

1. I have a gpx250 that was sitting for a long period, It will run for about 10- 15 minutes, then the idle will start to drop and then start to flatspot when reved and then die. I have cleaned out the fuel tank, replaced the diaphram on the petrol lock valve checked the breather on the tank, i have removed the carbs and partially stripped them down blown out all the jets checked the float levels and the needle valves and the idle mixture screws. The engine has good compression and strong spark and before it starts to die will run extremely well with full power when riddin. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

2. if the bike runs fine then cuts out all a sudden sounds more like an electrical issue maybe?

does it cut out like when you cut with the emergency cut off switch or does it bog down then stall?

hope this helps
  3. I believe it is not electrical as it always has strong spark when this issue occurs when checking plugs yet will still not fire when reinstalled.

The bike turns off normally with the cut off switches ie stand when in gear, run switch etc

Thanks for your input :grin: